With great pleasure, I wish to let you know that my first book "It is time to Sharpen your Axe - Become a Smarter You" has just been released by Pentagon Press, Delhi.
The book has evolved from my belief that inside each one of us is a winner, a leader, and an excellent performer. However, in many of us, it is lying dormant, waiting patiently to escape, to surface, to manifest itself and to realize its potential. So the ball is in our court…we need to toss the ball in the right direction and steer our life to the top gear.
You wish to be Smarter? You crave to lead the life of your dreams? You aspire to be a winner, a leader, and an outstanding & brilliant performer? If the answer to any of these questions is “yes”, there is undoubtedly no time to pause - get a move on with the book “It is time to Sharpen your Axe – Become a Smarter You”.
This is a book that calls the reader to action…a book which will help him, guide him to become the person he wants to be. Through innumerable real life examples and stories, the book gives him guidelines to follow, strategies to consider and mistakes to avoid. It will bring out the best in him and help him see his professional life transforming from one of dragging along, failing, or simply refusing to thrive, into one of success, focus, direction, passion and fulfillment.
The contents of the book are : 1. Become A Person of Vision, A person with a goal
2. Dont Ever Quit
3. Appreciate others
4. Appreciate what you have
5. Think Positive - Make Life Better
6. Demonstrate Confidence
7. Demonstrate Respect
8. Emotional Intelligence : The new Performance Yardstick
9. Be Empathetic
10. Decision Making - An essential Skill
11. Humility- worth practising
12. Acting with Integrity
13. Using Failure to Further Your Future
14. Delegation- use it as a tool for success
15. Managing Conflicts
16. The Power of Courage
17. Motivate yourself - Motivate others
18. Think Differently – Think out of the Box
19. Procrastination– not good at all!
20. Why Punctuality Matters - and How to Be On Time
21. Become a person of Excellence
22. Learn the Art of Saying NO
23. Walk your Talk : Lead by Example
24.Making peace with Time
25. Performance feedback – how to give & receive
26. Build differentiation – Be a “purple cow”
27 Know to balance your work and life
Thanks & Regards
by Jim Taggart
Thanks for your vote...
If you voted in the World Leadership Gurus Top 30, the Hub's founder, Phil Dourado, came 14th this year (2012), up three places from 17th last year. The organisers say it is "because of the originality and impact of your work" that Phil was put in the Top 30 in the first place. And that means this Hub and the award-winning corporate versions we run for large companies. For more on how a private corporate version of The Hub works, email: email@example.com