Nathan Lozeron's 7 minute summary of the act of 'Deliberate Practise'...
In the process of learning, ever felt you've reached the peak of your capabilities early? Seeing a lack of progress can lead to frustration and giving up, languishing at that level.
The idea of 'deliberate practise' is to force your mind to make creative solutions for your learning through the following:
- A Specific Target, not just the desire to 'succeed' but a concrete goal to shoot for
- Periods of Intense Focus, time given specifically to the task
- Immediate Feedback, either from you or observers
- Cycling between Comfort and Discomfort, as you are going just beyond your max capabilities
- And finally, Expert Coaching from those who have walked the path before you
And here's more from Nathan.